Annual Campaign 2019
Safehome is in its 32nd year of providing services to survivors of domestic, dating and sexual violence in the Alleghany Highlands. Each year the need for service increases and our dedicated staff and volunteers struggle to keep up with the demand.
You may know Safehome as a residential emergency shelter for victims, and that continues to be an important part of our mission. However, this year Safehome continues to expand its services in important ways to serve survivors in our community. Our services include:
- Safehome operates 24-hours a day, seven (7) days a week, providing a dedicated hotline and support to survivors at the emergency shelter.
- Safehome provides counseling to adult and child victims as well as secondary victims.
- Safehome provides legal advocacy to support survivors in the criminal justice system.
- Safehome has two full time positions providing education and awareness to the community about domestic, dating and sexual violence. They provide educational programs in local schools, churches, businesses, social service agencies and civic groups to help stop violence before it claims another victim.
- Safehome has a large social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to help reach the community.
With your help, Safehome can continue its important work to shelter, counsel, support and advocate for survivors of domestic, dating and sexual violence. Your donation will help provide essential services that are not supported by state and federal grants. Without your support, we could not continue to provide much-needed services.
Your gift is tax deductible and will have a direct impact on families whose lives are affected by domestic, dating and sexual violence. It is on their behalf, that we ask for and appreciate your generous support.