Nights and Weekends, Full Time position
- Complete intake & exit forms, risk assessments, safety plans & related paperwork including surveys & evaluations as required or requested by agency & in accordance with confidentiality policies for residential & non-residential victims/survivors.
- Maintain accurate records for shelter residents.
- Maintain shelter cleanliness, organization & readiness for shelter residents.
- Provide information, support & referrals about community resources & support services to shelter residents.
- Provide scheduled transportation for shelter residents to community resources & support service agencies.
- Cover the Hotline & TTY , answering in a timely manner.
- Oversee the management of the shelter including housing & support services provided to residents, maintenance & donations.
- Support & empower clients to develop & work towards achieving individual & family goals.
- Attend & participate in scheduled supervision meetings with Housing & Support Services Coordinator as required.
- Attend & participate in scheduled staff and team meetings as required.
- Participate in rotating on-call coverage in accordance with agency policy.
Full Time Position
- Oversee administration of the agency; implement Board policies and assure correct practices; develop and implement agency program plans; maintain budget guidelines; assist with development and implementation of an orientation plan for new staff members; oversee and evaluate staff members; coordinate continuing education training for staff; and assure grant requirements are fulfilled. Oversee production of printed materials (i.e., posters, brochures, press releases, flyers, newsletters, and social media) as related to the agency. Develop short-range (one year) goals for the agency as they relate to grants.
- Direct Services: When needed, provide crisis intervention to Safehome clients, both in person and through the hotline or TTY; assist walk-in clients and conduct shelter intakes.
- On-call: Needs to be accessible to on call staff as needed; provide shelter and hotline coverage when necessary; respond to calls to accompany sexual and domestic violence victims to the hospital or police station as needed.
- Participate in continuing education and training regarding domestic, dating, and sexual violence and related issues. A report will be due annually as part of the evaluation.
- Secure funding for the agency. Oversee administration of grants (writing, narrative, statistical and financial reports); research funding sources; write grant proposals for current and new sources of funding; maintain an updated and accessible overview of grants status; prepare and administer Board approved budget and prepare any other reports required by funding sources; maintain direct communication with the Board Treasurer regarding financial and grant needs.
- Fiscal Management: Direct the preparation of the annual budget and submit to the Board for
approval; approve and direct purchases and expenditures within the limits of the Board approved budget; provide information to the Board regarding purchases and expenditures; stay abreast of potential funding sources, including private, local, state, and federal sources and initiate action. Work in collaboration with the Board Treasurer.
- Support Board of Directors including but not limited to attending all Board meetings; provide Board with timely information as requested, provide monthly ED report; and provide continuing education information as requested. Provide the Board with adequate information to help it reach sound decisions and establish policies. Enter into contracts for Safehome Systems on behalf of the Board of Directors with Board approval and direction; cultivate agency donors through personal contact, letters, etc., and work with committees of the Board as requested.
- Community and Public Relations: The ED is the spokesperson for the agency. The ED should promote good public relations in the community; represent the organization in all dealings with other organizations, individuals and the general public locally, statewide and nationally. The ED should be an active participant is VSDVAA.